Utah Department of Public Safety

Driver License Division - What Documentation Do I Need?

All the documents needed to obtain a license or ID card in the State of Utah are listed on this brochure, click for English or Spanish.

The requirements to obtain a Utah Learner Permit, Original Utah Driver License, Utah Renewal/Duplicate Driver License, Driving Privilege Card (DPC), Limited-Term Document, or State Identification Card changed effective January 1, 2010.

To ensure your application process is as smooth as possible, remember to bring all required documents.  Faxed or photocopied documents will NOT be accepted.  All documents provided to the division will be imaged and stored in a secure database and will be returned to the applicant. In some cases, document approval may not occur in the same day and may require an additional visit.

Non-English documents must be accompanied by a certified translation of the document.  The translated document must be translated by one of the division's approved translators. The original and the translation are considered one document for identification purposes.

Any name variation from your identity document must be accompanied by legal authorizing documentation identifying the updated information (certified state marriage certificate, divorce or court order.)


[Last Update - Monday, 23-Mar-2015 08:40:05 MDT]