Utah Department of Public Safety

Driver License Division - MISC FAQ

Aren't you the DMV?

No; you may call 801.297.7780, (800) DMV-Utah, Click here, or contact your county assessor to register vehicles, determine vehicle taxes, or request forms for handicapped parking stickers. In Utah, unlike most other states, the DMV and Driver License are in different departments.

Back To Top

Can I pay my traffic ticket at Driver License?

No; tickets must be paid at the court indicated on the ticket.

Back To Top

Why do I pay a reinstatement fee to Driver License if I already paid the court fines?

The court fines are separate from the reinstatement fee. When Driver License has withdrawn your driving privilege for any reason, a reinstatement fee may be needed in order to reinstate your driving privilege to "valid."

Back To Top

How can I obtain a certified copy of a driving record?

A certified record is a driving record that has been certified to be a true, complete and correct copy of the record as contained within the files of the Department of Public Safety. Certified records take 10 - 15 days to complete. Click here to get the form needed for a certified record.

Back To Top

Is there a 3rd Party Certification program?

Yes; if you are required to complete a road test in order to obtain a driver license, you may make an appointment with one of the certified 3rd Party Testers for your road test. Please click here for a list of the certified 3rd Party Testers.

Back To Top

How do I request a report of an accident ?

You can fill out the DI-8 form and forward it on to Driver License. There is also a $5.00 charge for each copy of the accident report. Please click here for DI-8 form.

Back To Top

Learn about identity theft.

Learn about identity theft. Click here.

Back To Top

[Last Update - Thursday, 27-Feb-2014 07:48:01 MST]