Driver License Division - Driving Record By Mail
Reports on a person's driving record (also known as a Motor Vehicle Record or MVR) shall be released by the Utah Driver License Division to requesters who qualify under the permissible uses of the Driver Privacy Protection Act (DPPA).
For a list of the permissible uses, click here.
For an MVR Fact Sheet, click here.
(If your driver license number begins with a zero, you do not need to enter the zeros.)
- Qualifying high volume requesters are encouraged to contact Utah.gov or contact them by phone at 801.983.0275 to request a large number of driving records.
If you are living outside the state and need a copy of your driving record, complete the required form, and submit the MVR fee of $6.00. Once the form is received we will mail back a copy of your driving record:
- For an individual who is a regular or CDL driver and wants their MVR complete form DLD60
- CDL employer or potential CDL employer who needs a driver's CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized)
- Insurance agencies or employers to get a regular or CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b
- Any other requestor to get a regular MVR, fill out form DLD60b (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized)
- A requestor who qualify's under permissible use 1, 4, 6 or 8, please use form DLD60a
Send your request to:
Department of Public Safety
Driver License Division
PO Box 144501
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4501
For more information you may call Customer Service at 801.965.4437 or Toll Free at 888.353.4224[Last Update - Thursday, 12-Sep-2013 17:20:24 MDT]