Driver License Division - Driving Record By Mail
Reports on a person's driving record (also known as a Motor Vehicle Record or MVR) shall be released by the Utah Driver License Division to requesters who qualify under the permissible uses of the Driver Privacy Protection Act (DPPA).
For a list of the permissible uses, click here.
For an MVR Fact Sheet, click here.
(If your driver license number begins with a zero, you do not need to enter the zeros.)
- Qualifying high volume requesters are encouraged to contact Utah.gov or contact them by phone at 801.983.0275 to request a large number of driving records.
Mail-in Requests: (Do Not Send Cash)
If you are living outside the state and need a copy of your driving record, complete the required form, and submit the MVR fee of $6.00. Once the form is received we will mail back a copy of your driving record:
- For an individual who is a regular or CDL driver and wants their MVR complete form DLD60m (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized)
- CDL employer or potential CDL employer who needs a driver's CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized)
- Insurance agencies or employers to get a regular or CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b
- Any other requestor to get a regular MVR, fill out form DLD60b (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized)
- A requestor who qualify's under permissible use 1, 4, 6 or 8, please use form DLD60a
In an effort to protect the privacy of the subject of the record, we are requiring a notarized signature to release the records through the mail.
Send your request to:
Department of Public Safety
Driver License Division
PO Box 144501
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4501
Checks should be made payable to Utah Department of Public Safety. (Do Not Send Cash)
For more information you may call Customer Service at 801.965.4437 or Toll Free at 888.353.4224[Last Update - Tuesday, 14-Oct-2014 14:55:18 MDT]