Emergency Management - Training - Incident Command System Intermediate
ICS-300 Incident Command System Intermediate
Incident Command System - Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents, ICS-300 (G-300)
DESCRIPTION: ICS-300 provides training n and resources for personnel who require advanced application of the ICS. The course expands upon information covered in the ICS-100 and ICS-200 courses.
Individuals who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents. NOTE: During a Type 3 incident, some or all of the Command and General Staff positions may be activated, as well as Division/Group Supervisor and/or Unit Leader level positions. These incidents may extend into multiple operational periods.
Prospective students: You can't take the ICS-300 class unless you have taken the prerequisites: ICS-100, 200, NIMS-700, and NRF-800.
- IS-100 (Introduction to Incident Command System)
- IS-200 (ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents)
- IS-700 (National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction)
- IS-800.B (National Response Framework, An Introduction).
These courses can be completed online at:
Recommended: Command or General Staff experience.
ICS-300 is a two-day classroom course.
- Describe how the NIMS Command and Management component supports the management of expanding incidents.
- Describe the incident / event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the ICS.
- Implement the incident management process on a simulated Type 3 incident.
- Develop an Incident Action Plan for a simulated incident.