Highway Patrol - Basic Training Bureau
Click on the following for more information.
The mission of the Basic Training Bureau is to provide professional law enforcement training to new cadets through the best-known methods of adult learning. We always strive to serve our customers and to stay focused on who our customers are. We realize that our customers are not only the Chief Administrators of the law enforcement community and the cadets, but also everyone who is a member of this great state. We believe that it is imperative to make the cadet’s experience a positive one that will leave fond memories with them for the rest of their lives. It is our hope that they will carry our professionalism with them throughout their careers. The Basic Training Bureau is committed to providing the best and most updated training available.
The Basic Training Bureau is comprised of the following position:
- One, Basic Training Bureau Chief – Appointed to the rank of Lieutenant, supervises personnel and oversees all aspects of basic Training Bureau.
- Five, Basic Training Supervisors – Appointed to the rank of Sergeant, Basic Training Supervisors have direct responsibility for POST sessions. This includes scheduling, monitoring and directly supervising all students.
- One, Emergency Vehicle Operations Training Supervisor - The Emergency Vehicle Operations section instructs basic training cadets and existing officers on safe vehicle maneuvers.
- One, Service Dog Training Supervisor - The Police Service Dog training program is designed to accommodate individual department manpower needs. Patrol Dog, Detector Dog, Handler, Instructor, Judge, and K-9 Unit Manager courses are offered.
Investigation and In-Service Bureau
Investigations - The mission of the Investigative Bureau of Peace Officer Standards and Training is to promote and strengthen faith and confidence in Law Enforcement for the citizens of Utah, by providing objective and consistent investigation of complaints or allegations of misconduct against Law Enforcement personnel.
The Investigations Section is comprised of the following positions:
- One, Investigations and In-Service Bureau Chief – Appointed to the rank of Lieutenant, supervises personnel and oversees all aspects of investigations and in-service training.
- Three, Investigators – Appointed to the rank of Sergeant, Conducts investigations, gathers evidence, conducts interviews and interrogations and makes recommendation for officer sanctions.
In-Service Training- The mission of the In-Service Training Bureau is to provide professional training in a manner consistent with the law. To achieve excellence in law Enforcement by bringing out the best in honesty, integrity, communication, friendship and promoting a professional learning environment for officers from all agencies. We are committed to providing the best possible training and assistance, throughout the Law Enforcement profession in the State of Utah.
The In-Service Training Section is comprised of the following positions:
- One, In-Service Training Supervisor – Appointed to the rank of Sergeant, works with officers and agencies throughout the state to plan, schedule, and coordinate in-service training classes, as well as overseeing the reactivation and reciprocity certification processes.
Two, In-Service Technicians – These are civilian positions that provide administrative support to the In-Service Training staff.[Last Update - Friday, 08-Mar-2013 16:25:28 MST]