POST - Physical Fitness Requirements
Special Function Officer (SFO) Exit Standard
The exit exam is required for SFO certification in any academy.
- Vertical Jump (15 inches)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Vertical Jump
- Sit-Ups (25 Rep-One Minute)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Sit-ups
- 300 Meter (70 Seconds)
- Push-Ups (16 Reps -Maximum repetitions with no time constraint and no rest during this phase of the test)
Watch Video On How To Perform Push-ups
- 1.5 Mile Run (15:37)
The procedure and order for testing is recommended as follows:
- Warm up for 3 minutes; perform the Vertical Jump test and rest for 2 minutes.
- Perform the One Minute Sit Up test and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the 300 Meter Run, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the Maximum Push Up test, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do the cardio-warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, then perform the 1.5 Mile Run and cardio-cool down for 5 minutes.