POST - Physical Fitness Requirements
Special Function Officer (SFO) Advisory Entrance Standard
The entrance requirement is required for entrance into the POST academy. You will need to check with your academy on if they require an entrance test.
- Vertical Jump (14.5 inches)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Vertical Jump
- Sit-Ups (23 Reps-One Minute)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Sit-up
- Push-Ups (14 Reps -Maximum repetitions with no time constraint and no rest during this phase of the test)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Push-up
- 1.5 Mile Run (16:11)
The procedure and order for testing is recommended as follows:
- Warm up for 3 minutes; perform the Vertical Jump test and rest for 2 minutes.
- Perform the One Minute Sit Up test and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the Maximum Push Up test, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do the cardio-warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, then perform the 1.5 Mile Run and cardio-cool down for 5 minutes.